Setting Up and Using Netscape Navigator / Windows on
This page will give you the essentials for setting up and using Netscape Navigator for the Windows with your personal PPP account at Access Internet Communications.
Access Internet Communications
We'll use an example account named John Doe with a userID of "jdoe" and a password of "doeboy".
- Pull down the Options menu and select Mail and News Perferences.
- 1 - Select - Servers tab
- Enter your "smtp.accesscom.com" in the space provided for Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
- Enter your "popd.accesscom.com" in the space provided for Ingoing Mail (POP) Server
- Enter your "username" in the space provided for POP user ID
- Enter your full name in the space provided for Real Name
- Select to Remove from the server or Left on the server by clicking on the radio box
- Select how often you would like Netscape to check for mail in the space provide for Check for mail every
- 2 - Select - Identity tab
- Enter your "Full name" in the space provided for Your Name
- Enter your "firstname.lastname@example.org" in the space provided for the Your Email
- Enter your "email@example.com" in the space provided for the Reply-to address
- 3 - Select - Organization tab
- If you wish Netscape Navigator to save your password check Remember Mail Password
That completes the necessary setup items for Netscape Navigator for the Windows.