Technical Support Frequently Asked Questions
This area under constant construction as new questions come up
If you don't see your question here, please send technical support feedback or questions using our on-line form and get your question answered directly.
- FAQ's about Ewan
- What is Ewan ?
- Open a telnet connection ?
- Connect to a site ?
- A. Ewan is a telnet application for Windows. For a more detailed description of what TELNET is and for more general information about TELNET, see the "telnet" help file.
- A. To open a telnet connection to Access using Ewan
- Open Ewan.
- Set up a host profile.
- a) Click New.
- b) For "Name" type "Access".
- c) For "Network address or host name" type "shell.accesscom.com".
- d) For "Service (port)" select "Telnet".
- e) Click OK.
- The name "Access" has appeared in the "Connect to site" window.
- Select "Access" and click OK.
- The Terminal window opens, and a login prompt appears.
- Type your username and press return.
- Type your server password and press return.
- A. To connect to a site where you do not have an account
- Create a host profile as in step 2 above. Remember, use the site's site name for the "Network address or host name" field.
- When you connect to the site, use the name and password provided. Sometimes you use your email address as a password, and sometimes a password is not required. If you are not given a password, but are asked to type one, use your email address.